Trip 2010 was an eventful one for sure! Full of people, places, and panic attacks. Here's the run-down in list form. I am a list writer.
Wednesday--Flight to SLC. I love flying with Adam. I guess I should call him husband, because that's what he is. We have so much fun whenever we travel together. On the flight to Utah he taught me a few card games to prepare me for our Vegas weekend. We get to SLC and Adam flirts it up for a car rental upgrade…For FREE!
Thursday-- Drive to the Fabulous Las Vegas. Picked up Andrea from airport. Adam made sure we weren't just going to our hotel room to settle in. We went out and explored a few casinos and I gambled for the first time. A little thrilling, but I'm not into loosing money.
Friday--Cirque du Soleil
http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/love/media/official-video.aspx
=AMAZINGSaturday--Drive to Hoover Dam. So glad we did this. I love this period of US history. A time of determination and hard workers. The dam was unbelievable.
Sunday--More casinos and gambling. Watched 4th of July fireworks on top of Caesars Palace. Best view in the city with the best people. Oh! And saw Nelly doing some shopping at Gucci.
Monday--Pack up and drive back to Utah. Destination: Angels Landing: Part of Zion National Park.
According to the National Park Service, "The route to Angels Landing involves travel along a steep, narrow ridge with support chains anchored intermittently along the route. Footing can be slippery even when the rock is dry. Unevenly surfaced steps are cut into the rock with major cliff drop-offs adjacent. Keep off when it is wet, icy or thunderstorms are in the area. Plan to be off before dark. Younger children should skip this trail; older children must be closely supervised.--Wikipedia
If you're an experienced hiker, this one's for you. I, myself, found out I'm not that experienced. I am from the east coast and have never had to hold myself to a cliff with a chain and only a few inches to support my feet. I will share that this was a very frightening experience for me. I panicked. My breath was taken by the the long way down and the thought of a fall to my death. My eyes also started seeing spots and I got lightheaded. Then I thought about my poor husband who had to deal with my hyperventilating. Embarrassing, especially knowing that several people witnessed me at my weakest. Adam did safely escort me to a resting point where he calmed me down. As I got myself together, Adam and Andrea finished the hike up to Angel's Landing. I'm glad he got to finish the hike, but a little regretful I didn't suck it up and just go to the top. (5,785 feet)
Tuesday--A day of rest and Eclipse. Adam took Andrea back to the airport. That afternoon we went to the Imax and watched Eclipse. We also met up with a friend of Adam's and went on an evening bike ride. Makes me want a bike.
Wednesday-- Finally, the much talked about Logan, Utah. This is where Adam attended school and became a true Aggie. We met up with a few of his buddies and enjoyed the afternoon swimming in a heated pool and jumping off Big Toe. I had to redeem myself from the stunt I pulled at Angels Landing. I just held my breath went for this 25ft drop-off into ice cold water. My husband was impressed.
Thursday--A day with the boys! Four boys and I loaded up and made the drive to Bear Lake. When we got there we realized we had nothing for a day at a lake. No chairs, no towel, or no football. But, we still had fun tailgating on the back of an Audi. Then we drove through Wyoming back to Salt Lake for the Modest Mouse free concert. There I saw Melissa and a park full of drunks waiting in line to use the Port-a-Potty.
Friday--Boat with boys! Another lake with the same boys just going fast and going in circles. Good times and memories.
Saturday—Late start. I believe we woke up at 12:30 Showered. Got dressed. Finally ready for the day at 2:30. Ate. Then with a tube and another couple floated down the Bear River. It got a little rough in few places with some rapids, but I can handle water better than altitude. After, we relaxed in a natural hot spring. What a beautiful evening.
Sunday, Monday—Provo with Melissa. Good time visiting and relaxing. It was much needed. The Jamba Juice helped the wind down. Adam and I also took the stroll up to the Y for a romantic make-out session. Just kidding. But that’s what you’re suppose to do when you’re up there; well that’s what everyone else was doing. Especially this one couple. Too much PDA.
Tuesday—Back to NC and humidity. The dry heat was nice. The mornings and evening were cool and refreshing and the shade actually cooled you off. Stepping off the plane was like walking into a wall of water. Instant sweat. I hadn’t experienced that in two weeks. We craved Bojangles, but instead, ate dinner at Wilber’s. Good ole’ NC BBQ! I heart hushpuppies and the south, but actually miss the dryness.
1 comment:
DAMN DO I LOVE YOU! Annnnd that Pharmaceutical rep I met today... Man was she a looker... :) Just kidding you're my boo for life!
Post a Comment