Thursday, May 31, 2012

Breastmilk: Never been recalled.

I am very passionate about breastfeeding and very fortunate to be able to give Paxton the healthiest fast food.  I love the time we get to spend together and the bond that we share.  (And the fact that every two hours I get to stop what ever I'm doing and spend time with my baby boy.  Oh!  Did I mention I'm the only one who can feed him?!  A little selfish, huh?)  I had a few trials to overcome.  The third week of breastfeeding I came down with mastitis.  Not fun.  It felt like I had the flu with chills, fever, and body aches.  Next came the thrush because of the antibiotic.  What a battle.  It probably lasted six weeks.  Not fun either.  Between Paxton's purple mouth and smelling like vinegar we survived and just "breastfed through it."  The best treatment was airing out and the vinegar.  It is true that it takes about 3 months to get a hang breastfeeding. Now we feed with love and confidence. We both know what we're doing and it is pretty amazing.

All my other shirts are milk stained.

My Top Five Favorite Breastfeeding Slogans:
  • My tummy is full of mummy love.
  • Proud maker of the World's Healthiest Fast Food.
  • Instant Happy Baby: Just Add Breastmilk!
  • Reduce Preventable Disease: Breastfeed!
  • I Make Milk! What's Your Superpower? 



5 comments:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

totally agreed! love your post :)

Team Simmons said...

I'm with you on the selfish part! It's something no one else can do!!

Brittany H. said...

Unfortunately not all of us get those happy bonding feelings when we nurse...glad it worked for you!

Brittany H. said...

aaaaand not sure why everything I type comes up with a link on it!! arg

Amanda said...

may be recalled if you drink too much ;)