How to Make Curtains (After 8 Months From Hanging Your Rods):
You will need:
- curtain rods
- a husband
- fabric
- sewing machine & necessities
- iron and board
First, you need to buy curtain rods and have your husband hang them over your windows. Once hung, think about hanging curtains for approximately eight months. In the process of thinking, search retail stores, catalogs, and the internet for cute curtains. But don’t actually purchase. Reminder, take your time to find what you like. Don’t settle! Eight months should be plenty of thinking time.
Second, after 8 months, bring home your mother’s sewing machine. Decide to actually spend your Saturday looking for fabrics to make some curtains and hang on your curtain-less rods. Find fabrics that you and your significant other agree on.
Spend several hours “Googling” how to prepare your sewing machine because you’ve forgotten what your mom taught you, only finding out there are no free manuals to help you. In frustration, get your husband off the couch and ask for help. Instantly he will be able to figure it out AND prepare a bobbin for you AND get you started!
Then, measure your fabric. Again, a husband is good for this too.
Fire up the sewing machine, AND GET TO SEWING!!!
Don’t forget your iron is your best friend in a sewing project.
Finally, after 8 months, 4 hours of sewing, and sore neck hang your curtains!!!
On Sunday, you will be able to make curtains for the other curtain-less rod on your own.
9 comments:
Damn fine job on the curtains wife!
This is Adam's friend Emily...
Nicely done on the curtains and I am very impressed that you roped your husband into helping. Mine isn't much into the domestics! They look awesome!
haha, this cracked me up! the curtains look great!
hehehe- sounds exactly like the experience I'm going through now! I can NOT find curtains I like anywhere. My master bedroom is killing me curtain-less! I made a valance similar to yours for my kitchen, going fabric hunting for my master today if I can. Thanks for the laugh- oh and tell Adam- my plants aren't worth the trouble-and I think I can bring some of them back too
MaMa would say "you girls are so smart!" She would be so proud of you and I am too! Very nice job and Adam did a good job too!
WOW!!! I new you could do it!! Very Proud of You!!!and Adam for helping out.
I'm impressed! You got that crafty Hollingsworth gene didn't you? They look great!
I've never touched my mom's sewing machine, so you've done great to get this far and still be a 'young'un'!!
Glad you got the sewing machine...shooo now i don't have to learn how to bop it bob it??whatever it is. good job they look nice
Hey Jess,
I had so much fun reading through your blog this morning, while Adalea has been napping.I want to hear more about your summer vacation. We will have to catch up sometime soon.
As far as our blog goes...thanks for your comment..yeah Eric and I actually still live in the Hass Home :) I figure i should throw a rew pics of us up there sometimes just so everyone doesn't forget us :) but lets be honest Adalea is much more fun to look at.
I love you and miss you.
Post a Comment