If I hear "Mrs. Phelps" one more time!!! I have nothing against my last name, I absolutely LOVE it, but HOLY COW, do 6th graders not listen to instructions first time given?? I mean, what were they doing when I was explaining? Everyone was quiet and everyone was looking at me. I just wasted 10 minutes of my voice, breath, and lip movement to tell them what they were doing in the lab today. How come when we get to the lab they have questions about what I thought I clearly explained in the classroom...maybe not? I even made a list to remind them of their tasks. Somewhere there's a break down in communication!
AND BY THE WAY, I absolutely hate the lab! It is out of my comfort zone. I feel like I loose every bit of control that exist in the classroom. For some reason when the students walk through the doors of the lab all chaos break out...or maybe I'm just anxious/nervous and they're just being sixth graders? As I look around and walk around all my students are on task, but chatty patties. I just can't take it today. Maybe I just didn't get enough sleep last night. (I just don't get enough sleep at night. That's my excuse everyday.) I'm going to start ignoring the hands and the name calling and see if they can figure it out themselves. I just know if my Homeroom is making me anxious, I think I may come up with different plans for my afternoon class and scratch the lab for them...but that isn't fair. I'll keep you posted.
I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT NOW!!! Second class and Second time in the lab today. Is it a full moon, or are the kids wound up from the weapon (pellet gun) a sixth grader brought on campus today? Oh yea, they're always like this. A teacher told me today in her frustration with my gang of students that I deserve teacher of the year. And she doesn't even have to deal with them on a daily basis. Bless their hearts...
My patients are not with me today.
And then a student passes gas out loud...
No comments:
Post a Comment